Tips on Increasing Your Home's Value through Proper Maintenance
Do you plan on selling your home? Then you can increase its value by following these simple home maintenance tips. 1. Beautify your bathroom - of all the rooms in your house, the bathroom is the workhorse. There is lots of wear…
Do you plan on selling your home? Then you can increase its value by following these simple home maintenance tips.
- Beautify Your Bathroom – Of all the rooms in your house, the bathroom is the workhorse. There is lots of wear and tear, so you want to keep it functioning well and make good looking upgrades along the way.
- Focus on your faucet. Bathrooms are not utilitarian anymore. People like to feel relaxed, like they are in a spa. Drop-sinks are old news, people want the under-mount sinks.
- Go granite or marble with your countertops. If you are toying with the granite idea, your bathroom counter is most likely smaller than your kitchen counter and less expensive. This is a great place to start your first granite project.
- Nix the overhead lighting in favor of wall mounts to add warmth and value to your bathroom. Make sure that around your mirror you have even lighting with no side shadows.
- Heated floors attract buyers like bees to honey.
- Upgrade your bath area. With an 85% return, install a shower with body sprays and stone surround tile. If you are not selling right away, you will feel like you are in a Zen garden every time you step into your bathroom.
- Keep it clean. Dirt and grime can become embedded in bathroom surfaces very quickly. Freshen it up with new grout.
- Source: HGTV